Friday, July 29, 2011

midwest riviera

We have just returned from a relaxing tour of the midwest riviera....Eau Claire, Wi/ Chippewa Falls Wi, and then on through southern Minnesota to that great destination spot...Decorah, IA!! Oh be still my heart...Decorah, land of my dreams, land of promise, land of opportunity...just like the immigrant looking to the USA for the fulfillment of the good and prosperous life, I look to Decorah for the fulfillment of my soul's yearning for a peaceful, quiet, safe and friendly, lifestyle in my (ahem) later years....The scenery was unparalleled as was the company and hospitality of our friends, Peggy and Dave, proud owners of a paradise high above the lovely city of Eau Claire, WI. They work their forested acres like modern day settlers....clearing, digging, pruning, planting, weeding, plowing..you name it..they do it! Unfortunately my little digital camera could not capture the awesome beauty that awaits them each day and night. Peggy and I stayed up Saturday night to witness a thunderstorm up close. The front of their home has 2 double paned glass rooms, one with hot tub!!! (I'll be back in the Fall for that!) the ceilings are glass as well! What a magical hour that was!!
This is the view from the front of Peg and Dave's house the "valley of the tree tops"! I can only imagine what it must look like in the Fall! The side view is farmland, rolling green hills that rival Ireland's!

                               These are scenes from a tour of the forest!



The birdwatching is fabulous...we were treated to a constant parade of finches, cardinals, woodpeckers, blue jays, hummingbirds, wrens and in the distance eagles and hawks!
                                              A red breasted grosbeak
This paradise includes bears, gnats, and snakes....not my cup of tea...so I'll set my sights on small town living..next stop Decorah, IA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment