Wednesday, July 13, 2011

a walk on the wild side?

                     

Yep, my little slice of heaven is wedged between busy Kedzie Ave. and St. Mary's cemetery. Mixed with traffic fumes, the aroma of Harold's Chicken gently wafts across the track where I try hard to burn up those pesky extra calories my body doesn't really need.... Today was an ideal hiking day...deep blue skies with wispy clouds skimming along...and low low low humidity. This is what we refer to in our family as a "Wisconsin day". In other words..perfect.
Perfect for any summer outdoor activity... fishing, picnic-ing, lying on a beach listening to the waves lap the shore....I went to all of those places during the course of my walk 4x around the .8 mi track today...in my head...
Walking a track is BORING! I will not wear an i-pod... want to be hyper-aware at all times of my surroundings....call me a city-girl...it's true..you have to be aware of folks around you. Truthfully, that's why I'm not over pounding the pavement in oh so beautiful St. Mary's where it's shady...oh-so quiet....green..... virtually empty...it's lovely. It's also isolated...big NO NO! I wouldn't do that even in a small town. Ladies..we gotsta be careful...
So what's the wild side to all of this?....I'm at a boring track....
check out the scenery, friends...heaven on earth in all it's glory is here, there, and everywhere!

                                                 Here's a wild bunch!
and another...
                                    Quick! What's my favorite color??


         Some beetles were napping in the late morning warmth..ssshhhhhh!


                  A bitty basking turtle...I think that's mom watching just to the right...
                                     Reminds me of linen and lace....

                                             feel like I'm in the forest....
                                                         I'll be back....

No comments:

Post a Comment