Friday, July 1, 2011

quilt relief!

How do you spell relief? Q-U-I-L-T! Today the quilt mojo is happenin'!
I spent the day in Brookfield at my dear friend Linda's house...she is a newbie quilter...ooooh a newbie..excited about the whole process of cutting, sewing, and arranging fabrics into marvelous designs! She is working with yellow and teal fabrics and chose the card trick block, which is a tricky little block, but what a nice result!
She will make 3 more blocks for a sunny wallhanging for her sewing room!
When I arrived home there were two packages in my mailbox!!
Gifts from two Chicago Modern Quilt Guild friends!
A black, red, and white mug rug from Jan. Love that sweet little bird!
Donna knows about my fish dreams and made me two tiles with koi!!

I know it's the Independence Day holiday weekend, but these Stars and Stripes  are a COOL mug rug from Sarah S. another CMQG member!
Thank you friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment